Athena Makratzakis Dickerson
Athena Makratzakis Dickerson focuses her practice on business and real estate transactions, estate planning, litigation and family law. Athena has been in practice since 2001 and prior to joining the firm in 2006 operated her own practice, also in Edmonds. In her real estate practice, Athena is experienced in drafting and negotiating leases, purchase and sale agreements, and representing both buyers and sellers in commercial transactions and litigation. In her business practice, Athena has experience with business formation and contract review. Athena also represents several large property management and real estate investment companies in landlord-tenant related matters.
While much of her practice involves contested matters, Athena strongly believes in a lawyer’s role in assisting clients to resolve their matters through alternative means such as mediation, arbitration and collaboration, when possible.
With her unique ability to assist clients who need Greek speaking counsel, Athena uses her background to assist members of the Greek community in the hospitality industry and in all types of real estate transactions. Athena is also an active member in the St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church and various other charitable organizations.
When Athena is not assisting clients, she is likely running one of her two children to a sports practice or game or enjoying time with her husband, two children and large extended family.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Washington, 1998
- Juris Doctor, Seattle University School of Law, 2001.
- Legislative intern to Congressman Rick White (R, Washington) in Washington D.C., 1997
- Washington State Bar
- United States Court Western District of Washington
- Named as a "Rising Star" by Washington Law & Politics magazine for 2009
- Selected to SuperLawyers in 2010
- 2019 Lawyers of Distinction
- King County Bar Association
- Snohomish County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division of the Washington State Bar Association