Alia F. Ahmed is a family and matrimonial law practitioner in King and Snohomish County. Her practice focuses on family law matters, including International Family Law. Ms. Ahmed is a Seattle native with strong ties to her South Asian upbringing. As a result, Ms. Ahmed understands the intricacies and possible cultural implications of family law matters on some clientele. She also has experience representing people in a wide array of issues that include high income/asset matters, business owners, military personnel and veterans, and LGBTQ clients, among others.
Ms. Ahmed previously formed Ahmed Law PLLC in 2015. Prior to that, Ms. Ahmed worked at Wong Fleming, a large international law firm, where she practiced family law for over 8 years. Ms. Ahmed has also worked with the Washington Education Association, one of the largest teachers' unions in Washington State. There, she gained extensive experience in the areas of labor law, education law, administrative law, public employment, civil rights, and constitutional law.
One of Ms. Ahmed’s passions outside of her family law practice is supporting nonprofits for children suffering from cancer. These include The Goodtimes Project and the Ronald McDonald House, among a few. Ms. Ahmed spends as much of her free time as possible with her husband and two young sons, and enjoys getting outside in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
- Seattle University School of Law, 2006. During her tenure there, Ms. Ahmed served consecutively as the Vice President and President of the National South Asian Law Student Association
- Washington State
- AV Preeminent (5 out of 5 Peer Review Rating)
- Top 40 Lawyers Under 40, American Society of Legal Advocates
- 10 Best, Client Satisfaction Award, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- Washington Leadership Institute Fellow, Washington State Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- King County Bar Association, Family Law Section
Alia F. Ahmed | Phone: 425.776.1352 | email@example.com